Re: Prspector News Release

The best solution of all is to treat rail exactly like road, and charge an
annual registration fee for locomotives, based on HP / weight.
This would enable track access charges to be completely eliminated, and to a
large extent track access authorities could also be virtually eliminated ,
since their main reason for existance is to act as tax collectors for their
respective state governments.
If we can get rid of state track access authorities , then we also get rid of
state specific rules & regulations .
Unfortunately the concept of the national good doesnt seem to apply to rail.

cheers
MD