Re: NSW grain goes South!

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998 04:47:03 +1100, David Johnson
<trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>David Bromage wrote:
>
>> Tim Arnot (timarnot@fastlink.com.au) wrote:
>> >This would have been train 5362 which was seen at Werai at 1225
>> >Saturday 24/1 as 8147 48153 and 20 V/Line hoppers. It originated
>> >somewhere in the north west (Werris Creek area).
>>
>> If they were V/Line hoppers it would have been easier and quicker to bogie
>> exchange them at Dynon.

Where exactly ??????????

The Bogie Exchange centre was closed and rebuilt into National Rails
Wagon Maintainence Centre. About the only place to do the exchange
nowadays would be South Dynon Loco in the Shops.

Incidentally, does anyone know if the containers that arrive in North
Dynon on 9792 from Horsham and other points west are still lifted onto
BG wagons for the last km or two to VLFs Melbourne Freight Centre ????

Cheers
Krel
" Am I a railfan, a train enthusiast, a gunzel or just an eccentric crank ???
Or all of the above ????????