Re: Purchasing non-ATM tickets? (Melb)

Paul Dwerryhouse wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My monthly ticket is due to expire next Tuesday and I'm not yet prepared to
> put up with the inconvenience of the automatic monthly tickets (nor
> their apparent tendency to stop working after a week or so), at least not
> until the MetCard Xpress is launched.
>
> Where can I still buy the old paper monthly tickets from? [Somewhere
> I can get to and back from the city within an hour, and preferably somewhere
> that will _still_ be selling them next Tuesday ;)   ]
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul.
>
> --
> Paul Dwerryhouse                                        paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au
> "The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens to
> reverse the trend towards illiteracy among the supposedly educated without at
> the same time improving their spelling". -- Michael Swaine, Dr. Dobb's Journal

Is Jolimont close enough to the city for you? 8^) I believe someone
still staffs the up platform there for most of the day.
	You could also try any station from West Richmond to Victoria Park
before 10am when the part time staff close up shop (if you buy it at
Collingwood say hello to Heather there).
	Clifton Hill is also staffed all day on the up side for safeworking and
security purposes and it is 8 minutes from Flinders Street express or 11
minutes stopping all stations.