Re: GrainCorp

Bob wrote in message <34D19359.A00332FE@fastlink.com.au>...
Also of note , is that the PTU have advised their
>members that if the Graincorp deal goes ahead, redundancies would be
>inevitable for some Freightcorp crews. Does this sound correct Tezza?

It undoubtabley(?)  would be. There are so many blokes who want
redundancy anyway that it wouldn't be a problem.

Casual crews are *very* big stumbling block for the PTU. Problem is once
FC or anyone else get a foot in the door with *voluntary* casual, it's
not a big step to *mandatory*. Myself, I think if it could be voluntary,
it would be a great idea for the old blokes who wouldn't mind keeping
their hand in with a couple of days a week, but don't want the whole
bullshit package that comes with it, particularly pathetic rostering,
the biggest bugbear.