Re: Failed Windscreen Test

David Johnson wrote:

> Bob wrote:
>
> >   Loco windscreens are made to protect train crews, not James Bond, the
> > Queen and the Pope! Modern screens are laminated just like the one in your
> > car. I wonder if Ford or GMH tried shooting a chook from a cannon?
>
> The difference is that it is a primal urge of many d**kheads to throw things at
> trains.  They will be walking happily down the street and a train will come
> along, so they bend down and throw rocks at it.  The driver of the train can't
> exactly stop and chase them, whereas in a car, you can at least run over them or
> beat the crap out of them.  So that is why train windscreens have to be strong
> than car windscreens.  They are a target.
>
> --
> David Johnson
> CityRail Guard
> trainman@ozemail.com.au
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/

  I agree. You forgot to mention the Di**heads that hang bricks on string at
windscreen level. An interesting point here is that the side cab windows are not to
the same standard as the front windscreens. As such the hillbillies around Bargo
that choose to take pot shots at the side of trains may well endanger the lives of
the crews.
                                            Bob