Re: Failed Windscreen Test

Bob wrote:

>   Loco windscreens are made to protect train crews, not James Bond, the
> Queen and the Pope! Modern screens are laminated just like the one in your
> car. I wonder if Ford or GMH tried shooting a chook from a cannon?

The difference is that it is a primal urge of many d**kheads to throw things at
trains.  They will be walking happily down the street and a train will come
along, so they bend down and throw rocks at it.  The driver of the train can't
exactly stop and chase them, whereas in a car, you can at least run over them or
beat the crap out of them.  So that is why train windscreens have to be strong
than car windscreens.  They are a target.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard