Re: Double Colour Light Signalling

David Johnson wrote:

> Albert Alcoceba wrote:
>
> > Also on the up Illawarra as you approach Erskineville, there are two Green
> > over Yellow indications before a double yellow for the turn out to the
> > Illawarra Relief.

Three things:
1) It strikes me as a little odd that a 25km/h turnout has the same
indication as a 80 km/h turnout. The second often doesn't even need a
speed reduction, while the first does. Maybe a new indication (say,
Yellow on Green) could be used for the high speed turnouts.

2) The turnout for the Down Track at Epping (NSW, if you didn't guess)
doesn't have a turnout indication! Instead it has 'standard' signalling,
with green/green indicating clear track and the driver is just meant to
know.

3) North Shore Line (NSW) signalling. I've noticed that some of the
signals are missing the "caution" aspect (Green/Yellow), instead
progressing from R/R, G/R, G/G. Why is this so on a pretty heavily used
track? An anti-blocking measure?

Mike Cuthbert.