Re: QR Tilt Train Speed Trials

Craig Mackie (cassino@bit.net.au) wrote:
>I too had heard from contacts within the Railways that speeds of over
>200km/h were reached while going through Coomera Station.  This is on
>the Gold Coast railway were there is 2.2km radius curves.

I know the train ran to Nerang twice to load the route into its memory. It
did reach 170km/h on that line on the second run, the same speed as on the
north line. Somebody from QR did say that the GC line might be used in the
future to see if it could reach 200km/h, but at the time I understood they
were going to wait until they had a whole train.

Cheers
David