Re: Melbourne - Adelaide Standard gauge locos

"J Richmond" <richmond@melbpc.org.au> wrote:

>Yesterday (19/01) I was at Lara (between Geelong and Melbourne) and I saw a
>Standard gauge goods go past (towards Melbourne) at about 0910. This train
>was headed by two CLP's with a 700 class (703) trailing.  They didn't waste much time
>getting these loco's out of Melbourne, because they went through Gheringhap
>(towards Adelaide) at about 2255 (again with 703 trailing).

This train, the Patrick's train is normally CL+CL(P or F).  It used to
be CLF+GM42, but traffic  is up and the extra grunt is obviously
needed.  On Monday, it did have an extra 700 tacked on the back.

It normally arrives from Adelaide into Appleton Dock on Mo/We/Fr at
about 1300 or earlier, departing again 1845 or later on Mo/We, 0125 or
later Sa am.

> all you usually see there is NR's, BL's, DL's and G's.

The other notable train that is *not* one of the above is the TNT
train, also usually double CL-hauled, though has been up to 3 CL+700
class.  Theoretically arrives from Adelaide into Dynon about 0800 Mo
and Th, departing 1700 or later on Tu and Fr.

In total, ten return trips per week using (at least) 2 CL class locos
per train.

Regards

Yuri