Re: RSA 422s

Peter Neve wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jan 1998 12:18:12 +1100, Bob <gioia@fastlink.com.au> wrote:
>
> >I hear that 42207 is now out west with 2 other members of the class to
> >test the train order working. Does anyone know what the other two locos
> >are?
> >
> G'day.
>
> There are no "RSA" 422 class.   At the time of writing, all belong to
> FreightCorp, although a couple are on hire to National Rail.   The
> only units still working are:  42203/15/18/19/20.   The train radio
> programme between Orange & Dubbo has been completed.   I understand
> that the next section is to change over is Orange to Parkes, so
> perhaps 422s may again be used.
>
> Pete.

  My posting said train order not train radio testing. I thought that 42203
and 42220 were Freightcorp on hire to Countrylink not National Rail. Yes
15/18 and 19 are used by NRC as shunters. Please read previous posting by
Tim Arnot this afternoon where he says that he saw 42207 at Lithgow
yesterday. My info was at last weekend and not conected with the previous
radio tests.
                                                    Bob