Re: Changes in Melbourne

Mick Stock <mzs@eastwood.apana.org.au> wrote:
>So, going to a Saturday timetable for the whole weekend is actually a bad
>thing, unless it means that the first train from Ringwood -> city on
>Sundays will be leaving before 7:48am (I start work at 7am Sundays).

>What we need on the Lilydale & Belgrave lines during the weekend is as
>follows:

>    Saturday:  Keep current timetable until about 7:45am, then use
>existing Sunday t/t until about 6:30pm, then revert to current Sat t/t for

I sympathise, but I don't think that switching City to Ringwood from every 20 to
every 30 minutes is a good idea!

>the rest of the night, OR new timetable after 7:45am - same as weekdays,
>but without peak period extras??  Considering that most trains on Sat are
>packed, this would be a good thing! Better still, run 6-car trains all
>day.

Yep, that's more like it. After all, if they really do "weekend" timetables
based on current Saturday ones, most tram services will run every 12-15 minutes
every day. Seems fair enough to me, and the demand would probably be there.

Hey that's a thought, will they keep the current Sundays route 16 schedules? (It
has trams every 10 minutes on Sundays, better than any other day off peak... and
they're still packed!)

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne Australia.
Remove the spam bait to email me personally...