Re: Pass Locos

JohnMcCandless (johnmc@topend.com.au) wrote:
>There are only 2 mixed trains left in the state, 6Y02 from Emerald to
>Yaraka every
>Wednesday, and 7G62 from Maryborough to Monto twice weekly.
>6Y02 uses 60t locos due to the light rail laid on the Yaraka branch, and
>uses either 1720 or 1700 class locos.
>The same situation applies to 7G62

Thanks for answering a question I've been asking for over a year! I knew
there was a mixed to Yaraka (And I'm glad there still is), but I didn't
know about Monto. What happened to the Hughenden to Winton mixed?

Are these services in any danger of being withdrawn? I was lucky enough to
go to Dirranbandi (for the second time!) and Forsayth just before the
mixed trains were withdrawn, and I haven't done the others yet.

Cheers
David