Re: Pass Locos

J Richmond <richmond@melbpc.org.au> wrote in article
<691fim$s3a$1@wombat.melbpc.org.au>...
> I would also like to know what class(es) of loco is/are normally used on
> Queensland passenger and mixed pass/goods services.
> Thankyou
> Sam Eades
> metman@earthling.net

I can give some info from my neck of the woods (Cloncurry, N.W. Qld)
The "Inlander" service ex Townsville twice weekly to Mt Isa uses 2800class
power, and I know that the "Sunlander" and "Queenslander" north of
Rockhampton
have used them as well.

There are only 2 mixed trains left in the state, 6Y02 from Emerald to
Yaraka every
Wednesday, and 7G62 from Maryborough to Monto twice weekly.
6Y02 uses 60t locos due to the light rail laid on the Yaraka branch, and
uses either 1720 or 1700 class locos.
The same situation applies to 7G62

Hope this is of assistance
John McCandless