Re: Pronunciation of Station Names

Chris Brownbill (cbrnbill@enternet.com.au) wrote:
: There are a number of railway ststions around the country whose names are
: not that obvious to pronounce, and you can often pick the tourists because
: they get the pronunciation wrong.  Below I've listed some that are not
: obvious and a phonetic representation, and also I've listed some that I
: myself dont know - maybe someone can hekp me out with those!

: The following I don't know - can someone help me.

: Camellia
  Kam-ee-li-a  (small station on Carlingford line)

: Berala
  Ber-alla
  ^^^
  (As in beginning on "berry")

: Casula
  Kass-you-la

: Bullaburra
: Awaba
: Cowan
  Cow-anne
  ^^^
  (As in the moo-moo variety)

: Woolooware
: Panania
: Wulkuraka
: Bethania
: Murarrie

These ring a bell - correct me if I'm incorrect!!!!!

DB