Re: Melbourne Airport Link

J Richmond <richmond@melbpc.org.au> wrote in article
<68kjce$97$1@wombat.melbpc.org.au>...
> I heard in the news today that the Victorian State Government is about to
> decide on a route for the Tullamarine Airport (Melbourne) rail link.

I have it today on good authority - from someone who also heard this report
on radio - that there is absolutely no substance to any proposal.
Apparently it was Patrick O'Connor of the PTUA (Public Transport Users
Association) talking (or shouting) about what "they should do".  Whilst
dear old Patrick has his heart firmly in the right place, he is certainly
not an official spokesman of State Government transport policy.