Re: NRs on Indian Pacific

Peter Pilbeam wrote in message <34aeb943.3657660@news.syd.att.net.au>...

>Well I don't know who paid for the work to be done, more than likely
>Rail Access, NR don't like paying for anything. NR weren't real
>impressed having to hire 3X81 class from Freightcorp, I wonder if the
>hire charges had something to do with the rerouting of the cables.
>Peter

The first four words of your previous post say it all. You say NR don't like
paying for anything
NR pay a multi-million dollar fee, something like $30 million a year, for
track access in N.S.W. alone. If you were paying that sort of money, you
would expect to get what you paid for, not be expected to pay for someone
else's "stuff ups".
The 81 class that NR use are not on hire, they are allocated to National
Rail as part of the assets transfer during NR's set up and will soon be
transferred to NR ownership and be painted in NR colours.

H.B.