Re: WCR triple header

G'day,

David Bromage wrote:
> >Consist was S302+S300+B61, PCP292, BZ269, BRS224, BS206, ACZ252.
> Very over powered. Were all locos powering or was one of them offline?

All powering.  Probably got away from Geelong a few mins late, the extra
horses gives the train great acceleration, so use 'em all.  I may have
the only photo's, (the guys at Geelong didn't get any, apparently they
were looking for another jumper cable) will post them to the net
somewhere soon.

> Compared with S302-205BS-207BS-270BZ-201BS-223BRS-267BZ-255ACZ-294PCP
> working the 8.49 down on Tues 30/12/97.

Yep, remember this one real well - Conductors Bob Evans and Craig Haber,
we had a HUGE load on board - many were on their way to the "Rock Above
The Falls" New Year's concert at Lorne (change to the bus at Geelong).

S302 went super, 50 mins flat Melbourne - Geelong, then it arrived at
Warrnambool just 2 mins late.  I'd suggest this could be put down to the
long train - the Conny after Geelong would have waited longer at each
platform for passengers to alight, as platforms beyond Geelong are
generally 5 cars long.  3hrs 7 mins for the 267 kms.  I was still doing
tickets in the first carriage as we accelerated away from Newport - 302
sounding sensational!

If the crews are keen and know the road well, the vintage loco's can run
terrific times with big loads, especially S302, S311 and B61.

Cheers,
Craig.
--
Craig Haber