Broad gauge or standard gauge

Has anyone got any ideas as to the future of the non commuter BG in SA. I
read that as part of the agreement between the Commonwealth and  G & W was
the conversion of the BG wheat lines in the east but what about the other BG
lines. Who would want to keep a separate system with a different gauge? As
many are seasonal lines they could be converted easily but did G&W allow for
that in the price?

If they are not converted I can see them being closed eventually.

If they were converted how would this leave the SA govt owned suburban lines
(I can't remember what the authority that runs them is called - SASTA? STA
of SA?) Does anyone know what lines are shared by suburban trains and
freight trains?

Barry Campbell