Re: Australia's Biggest Dog to Watch Trains

Hi all,

You know, this posting sounds as though it's about four months too early.

It would have made a great April fool's joke...  ;-))  Unless it's true...
:-O

One can only wonder in awe and despair, at the chronic waste of tax dollars
at projects like this. Still, money-wasting isn't confined to Victoria.

Here in Western Australia there's a rediculous plan to 'sink' the perfectly
good Riverside Drive along the Perth foreshore, in order to build a
so-called 'asthetically pleasing' (to whom?) bell tower (with the Premier's
name cast on it I might add - talk about ego))!

All this at a time when public hospitals are crying out for money and, more
relevant to this list, is the need to provide a fast rail service to
Rockingham and Mandurah. Sometimes I really think our pollies and planners
live on another planet - I sure wish they'd move there.!

CF

David Bennetts <davibenn@pcug.org.au> wrote in article
<01be3438$656fef00$414c0acb@davibenn.pcug.org.au>...