Re: Glenlee line

Garry Hoddinett wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where the Glenlee line branches off the Main South.  My
> Sydney street directories do not show it.

Just south of Glen Alpine and north of Menangle Park. There is a Glenlee Road
that goes of Menangle road where the water canal crosses Menangle Road a few
hundred metres north of the Menangle Steam Museum. If you follow this road it
will take you to the branch.

> A number of years ago some transport planning maps seem to idicate that this
> line could be extended further west to either the Camden By-pass bridge or
> even further to Elderslie.  Is this still possible?  This may be a "cheap"
> option to extend the electric railway network into the fast growing Camden
> Valley.  Any comments?

There have been numerous "plans" to extend the railway and put in stations. One
plan was to extend to Penrith. So far nothing.

rgds