Re: Rail Cams

Bob Gioia <alco@acay.com.au> writes: > I have access to the Old Maitland box as our model railway group has a lease
> on the building. I'm sure they would be happy to allow a railcam to be
> placed in or on the building. Now this raises the question who want's to pay
> to have one installed?
> Cheers
> Bob

I wonder would Freightcorp like to promote their superior coal road
efficiency by webcasting their passing parade?  Wishful thinking!

>From reading the FAQ for the US Tehachipi Loop railcam, it's apparent
that they are rather expensive little toys. You would either need
a commercial sponsor or a syndicate of railfans willing to
underwrite it.   Now there's a thought - Maitland box is a greattrain
watching location - perhaps the Model Railway club could sell
"viewing passes" to visiting fans?

This location would at least solve some of the problems of security
and comms link access. Just a thought....

Cheers,

Paul Hogan