Re: Dorrigo

Doug wrote...

<<There was an mention on TV news tonight that there is a further hitch in
signing an agreement concerning the Dorrigo railway. Who is Keith Jones?.
What power does he have?.>>

Keith is managing director of Dorrigo Steam Railway & Museum Ltd. He has
held that position (or its equivalent) for well over 20 years. He is
responsible to the 700 members of DSRM and can be removed on the vote of the
membership. DSRM is managed by a 7 member board of directors. Keith handles
all day to day management.

The impression being given that the settlement is being delayed by Keith as
an individual is incorrect. The decision to accept (or reject) the
settlement will be made by the board. Some spin doctors are trying to give
the impression that Keith is all there is to DSRM, and that he is trying to
obstruct the settlement. The truth is that Keith has put a tremendous effort
in to trying to achieve settlement, but we are not going to agree to
something we consider unsuitable.

<<I have a video of the line titled "The Ragtag Railway". What became of the
Ragtag Railway?.>>

That was the name given to us when that film was made when we were using the
Rhondda branch. We moved to Dorrigo.

Trevor