Re: Coloured Steam Locos (was: What's the difference between a steam and diesel loco?

In article <19981227023100.08428.00001503@ng-fu1.aol.com>,
MarkBau1 <markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk> wrote:
>Not sure about 3801's previous paint jobs but I was thinking more along the
>lines of the blue and green K's and NA's, not to mention the rainbow R's.

 Does it matter all that much ?. They are not mechanicly orginal either.
WCR have made significant changes to the R class, with a rather non authentic
looking chimney, and other less obvious mods to improve efficency.

 All the NSW locomotives have Hassler speed recorders, 450.050Mhz UHF train
radios (and assoiciated eletrics and antenna) and sand removing equipment
glued onto the sanding gear. 3642 has a power reverser 'glued' on. 3801's
tender is a fake...

 They are not 'authenic' examples of their kinds anyway. Does it matter
what colour they paint it after all the mechanical modifications ?.

 And in the case of PBRs project to 'restore' that narrow guage garrat
locomotive - just how much of the orginal is going to be in the finished
product anyway?. Might as well seal up the surviving frames in plastic and
put them on display in a shed some where and build a complete replica of the
orginal....