Re: Airport Link tunnel walk

A junction is currently being constructed at Turrella. This will have the
effect ofproviding a shuttle sevice between Turrella and the airport and
Central.

The two new centre tracks feed directly to the new airport line from
turrella to the new Wolli Creek station. The outer tracks between Turrella
and Wolli Creek are the down and up main to East Hills. At Turrella there is
also a down terminating road.

Regards

Andrew Honan

McFergus@my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<7657pt$bjn$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>In article <3685cef7.6315276@news.ozemail.com.au>,
>  nswsrca@ozemail.com.au wrote:
>> On Sun, 13 Dec 1998 23:11:54 GMT, boofheadpaul@yahoo.com.au wrote:
>>
>> >Hi
>> >
>> >The Airport Link tunnel walk was great - it was a surprise too see how
far
>> >ahead International Airport station was.  It's almost complete!  Even
had
>> >wheelchair access already!! :)
>>
>> Yes - but I am waiting to see the reaction when the morning
>> Campbelltown peak hour commuters meet the incoming overseas passengers
>> with all their baggage at around 0800.   I can just imagine the
>> Australian language, advising where they can put their baggage!
>
>AFAIA most Campbelltown via East Hills trains will continue to travel via
>Sydenham, and the East Hill's local services will divert via the Airport. I
>believe that the local services are a little less crowded than the
>Campbelltown semi-fasts, but other people in the ng could confirm or deny
>that.
>

>> I will never understand why a separate turn-back road was not
>> provided, so that a separate shuttle could be operated between the
>> Airport stations and (say), St. James.
>
>An additional road underground would be expensive, but a turnback at
Turella
>would suffice, such as;
>
><<< East Hills line  City via Sydenham
>
>                                                                      /  /
>>up fast-------------------------------------------------------------/  /
>                                         \   /                         /
>>up slow--------------------------------------------------]           /
>
>  p1 & p2 |==========| /  City via Airport>>> <dn
> TURELLA p3
>
>This arrangement would allow supplementary morning trains (when commuter
and
>airport traffic is most concentrated) from either the Airport or Sydenham
>directions to terminate and turn back on Platform 2, whilst leaving the Up
>Fast and Up Slow free for regular traffic. Whilst a train stands on
Platform