Re: derailed coaltrain, Glenlee

On Sun, 20 Dec 1998 17:53:04 +1100, David Johnson
<trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>> triple 81's leading a coalie out of glenlee lost it's last 5-6 wagons.
>> They have rolled of the Northbound line and onto the southbound line.

As I heard it, the trailing bogie of one vehicle derailed on the north
fork;  the train engines dragged the train to the cross-over between
the down & up lines near the Water Board pipeline, then all the
trailing vehicles came off, tipping over on to the down main.   All at
slow speed.   The train crew were not aware until the air line broke.
Being in a cutting without road access, getting into the site was, to
say the least, difficult.   I believe the line wasn't opened until
Wednesday am.

Hunslet.