Coloured Steam Locos (was: What's the difference between a steam and diesel loco?

The Morphetts <grahamm@onthenet.com.au> writes: > <snip>
> The only unfortunate side effect of all there changes is that 3801 will now
> have to be painted blue in line with SRA policy for diesels.

No, no , please, anything but blue!

Whilst this comment might have been facetious, a few of us
have discussed the idea oflobbying 3801 Ltd to repaint it in black (or even better,
"grey nurse" colour scheme) for a couple of months when it next gets an
overhaul.

After all,they do this sort of thing in the UK, even to the extent of
temporarily renumbering an A4 (sacrilege!) to recreate an engine that has long
since been scrapped.

How about it, 3801? Any colour we want, as long as its black? :-)
(And same to the RTM for 3526).

Cheers,

Paul Hogan