Re: No steam in Sydney til April 10...

Traditionaly there has been no preserved mainline steam between the begining of
December and early March for a long long time. The reasons for this are that
there is the possibility of the tour being cancelled because of fire bans but
more importantlty this period is the catchup time for maintanence of steam
locomotives. Many locomotive boiler tickets fall due for renewal around this time
for this very reason. Also the cab conditions in a steam loco are at times
unbearable when the temperature is in the high 30s. I guess you will have to wait
a few months for your next steam fix!
Cheers
Bob