Re: What!!! Running crosses???!!!!???

David & Jan Winter wrote in message <367e4a66.0@news.highway1.com.au>...
>Was that: What!!!!! Running Crosses????!!!???
>
>If so, "not today, Josephine" - but a key to maximising single line
>performance. I read of the concept many years back but have no idea if it
is
>used in practice anywhere. Under CTC, you'd need about 3 or more blocks in
>loop so that all signals could operate under normal safeworking criteria

Dont know what your criteria for a running cross is.......
but I do them often.
My idea of a running cross is both trains keep moving......
9691 out of North Dynon often crosses the Slug at Broadford, both trains
keep moving....
At about Seymour we cross Freight Rails New train, and soon after Austracs
Train.
On my last train before I went on leave, I was able to keep moving on 3 out
of 4 crosses.
                                                    Rod