Re: Overland cars for West Coast Rail

"Rod" <berlina@mt.bigpond.com> wrote, and I selectively quote:

>Anyone know who bought the EL's <been away for a week or two>

G'day Rod

Thought things had been a little quiet <g!>

>From Rail2000's Page  http://www.users.on.net/polbathic/rail2000

quote

>Despite their sale to a US bidder it is likely that the 13 former
>Australian National EL class locomotives will remain in Australia for
>the time being. It has been confirmed that CFCL Australia (CFCLA) a
>subsidiary of US based Chicago Freight Car Leasing is the successful
>bidder for the Goninan units that are currently in storage at
>Goninan’s Bassendean (WA) facility. Apart from the short term lease of
>a number of units to Australia Southern Railroad the class has spent
>most of the last 12 months in storage since the AN operating
>businesses were sold.

>All 13 units were placed on the market in late September. Sources
>indicate a price in excess of $750,000 for those units in best
>condition will be paid, though of course in US dollar terms this
>equates to less than $500,000 per unit.

Now, let me see,  who needs a 3000 HP non HEP passenger loco?

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos

Reply to: steam4me@enternet.com.au

Web site at http://people.enternet.com.au/~steam4me
Visit Steam Media Productions' site at http://people.connect.net.au/~steam
Latest production "1997 - The Victorian Year in Steam" now available