Re: Parkeston, W.A.

"David Proctor" <daproc.spambait@umpires.com> wrote:

>Speaking of A.S.R. running large trains, when they were refuelling the IP
>loco at Cook, I was speaking to one of the NR drivers, and he said that ASR
>deliberately run trains that are too long for the crossing loops across the
>Nullabor - the idea is that other trains will be put away for them, and they
>won't get put away for anyone.

Perhaps our government owned track authority will have
to build bigger crossing loops.

ASR are at a distinct disadvantage to NRC.
So I guess they have to try and "level the playing
field" somewhere.

National Rail Corp have NSW as one of it's share
holders, and the other mob from NSW which is also
government owned is trying to muscle in as well.

Good on you ASR.

Cheers

----Terry Burton