Re: Last Outbound Tram and Fare Dodging......

>  "Mike Alexander" <malex@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>>  I reckon a P.A. announcement announcing that he won't move the tram
until the guy
>> buys a ticket would soon embarrass people enough to buy one.
>>
>> My 2 cents worth.
>>
>> Mike Alexander
>> (malex@bigfoot.com)
>>

>I have a yearly photo id pass which cannot be validated.  If the driver
made
>such an announcement, I would file a law suit. I say yes, let's do it!

But of course such a pass will be replaced by a Metcard Xpress (Smart Card)
once the system is (finally) up and running in its entirety. So then all
tickets will be able to be validated.

BTW, does anyone know why the MetShop still asks all customers who are
purchasing tickets whether they want Metcard or Scratchies? Is it because of
National Bus, who do not have any validators installed? Speaking of which,
does anyone know why they haven't installed them yet, or indeed why they are
allowed to run buses without them. I would have thought that as part of
their franchise agreement they had to opt in to any ticket system which the
government wants them to (irregardless of its technical merits).

Regards,

Mike Alexander
(malex@bigfoot.com)