Re: Price of Electrics

thalytgv@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> I think electrification would help to reduced greenhouse
> emmision a lot

Thoughts are easy, proof is more difficult.  The efficacy of electric
locomotion over diesel locomotion greenhouse terms depends to some
extent on the method of generation of the electricity, so make sure
you understand how Victoria shapes up in this respect.

> needless to say electric country trains can operate
> through Ciyt loop and future undergrounded airport station.

If the long haul equipment is 25 kV then they it only be able to
operate 1500V DC equipped tracks if it is multi-voltage capable...
which adds to the cost.

Cheers,

Bill