Re: TALGO tilt trains

David & Jan Winter wrote:

> Two questions for the engineers in our midst:

> 1. I understand Talgo trains go through gauge changing apparatus. How does
> this operate?

	The wheels are set up to slide in and out on the axles, with pinned
	restraints.  At A Slow Speed, the set rolls thru a gauge changing
	installation, with a set of long, linear cams.
		'first' cam slides the pins to an unlock position.
		'next' the rail (or another cam?) regauges the wheels.
		(If widening, need an 'inside' rail.)
		'lastly' another linear cam resets the locking pins.

>Would it be valid in Australia?

	Dunno.  Can't think why not.

--
thanks
dave pierson                    |the facts, as accurately as i can