Re: Sydney tram wheel profile

That is correct about the old Sydney Tram wheel profile, but I understand
the Sydney Light Rail has a railway type profile. This is evidenced by the
fact that the non street railroad was laid using standard SRA concrete
crossties and recycled 53kg rail. I inspected the actual grooved tram rail
they flew in from Sweden and, whilst it was laid upright, the head appeared
to be rolled with an included angle, hence it matched up with the canted
standard laid rail.

Cheers

Rod Gayford

David & Jan Winter <winterd@icenet.com.au> wrote in article
<36764952.0@news.highway1.com.au>...
> Technical check, here.
>
> Sydney's trams - I understood they had flat profile wheels, like
Melbourne,