Re: "Day of the Roses" carriages

>One of my brothers-in-law has purchased one of the carriages that was
>used in the recent TEN program "Day of the Roses" and now has it
>installed in his backyard in suburban Brisbane. The carriage is virtually
>gutted inside, but with some "studio additions" and a few spare seats. He
>would like to restore part of the carriage, but to do that needs to know
>the model and how to go about getting the details. Nothing of the
>original makers plates, etc. remain, and the outside markings on the
>carriage are those that the film crew applied (they are different on each
>side!).
>

>Thanks,

The details in your posting do not allow for anyone to determine which of
the carriages was purchased.

The producers of Day of The Roses matched their cars (as close as they
could) to the 3801 Limited carriages used in the pre-crash sequences. I
would think that the sides of the "studio" cars not facing the cameras were
unaltered and therefore might show the true class and number of the car you
have.

To answer your question some detail of the shell will need to be posted.
Such detail might include number and positioning of windows and doors.

Regards,

Geoff Lillico
3801 Limited