Re: Pilbara Developments

When I visited the area in mid 1997, it was expected that the next Robe
River mine would be located close to Hamersley track, with the prospect of
a RR branch from the Hamersley line, and a permanent connection being
established where the two cross (grade separated).  A temporary connection
was established there in 1988 to transfer concrete-sleeper equipment
between the two.  PRHS took the opportunity to position its ex RR (former
NSWR 40-class) loco for a series of bicentennial trips.
--
Regards
Roderick Smith

Ian Harvey <ian_harvey@do.not.spam.me> wrote in article
<3671A2DC.3408@do.not.spam.me>...
> David & Jan Winter wrote:
> > Can anyone update us on:
> > Hamersley extension to near Mt Newman. (any risk of interconnection?)
and