Re: Rail services return to Cooma

Hey,

I agree that an important aspect of public transport is minimising the
number of mode/service changes a passenger has to make. This is one
strength a, say, busway has over a rail service. It is also why, yes,
buses are superior in taking people to the snow.

The reason I was so curious was that on driving to and from the snow
this season, I noticed the railway track and, from the road, it appeared
to be in OK condition and of relatively straight alignment. Therefore, I
reasoned, was there the possibility of running a higher speed train
(much faster than road) say as far as Cooma, before changing to buses
for transport to the various resorts/fields. Of course the time of the
train journey would have to be significantly shorter than by road to
counter the need for a change in mode.

The trip to the snow from Sydney is a 6hr-ish journey by road from
memory, and I thought the possibility of cutting a bit of time and
effort off this could be acheived.

Anyway, thanks for info!

DB.