Re: QR new tilt train, eat your heart out interstate!

thalytgv@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> What is your opions on improve current country trains within Victoria? I guess
> tilt technology doesn't need to apply to current intercity trains but perhaps
> some "seat back TV" like QR? or fax/phones port?

The basic technology choice is the big question, whether it's standard
loco hauled cars, passive tilting or active tilting. What you put inside
those cars can be decided or added later.

Phones are becoming less important as the mobile network expands, but
there should be at least one satellite phone on board.

I'd get rid of the name "first class" for all but sleeping cars. The name
doesn't truly describe the accomodation provided. "Business class" is more
accurate, and a fax should be available. Also 240V power to at least each
business class seat for laptop computers.

Cheers
David