Re: Fisherman Islands (QLD) freight line.

In article <366e82c9.12897488@news.bit.net.au>,
  aervol@bit.net.au (Roy Wilke) wrote:
> I was held up at the Stanley Street level crossing last week by an
> 80-class coasting light engine down the Norman Park-Coorparoo grade. I
> assume it had hauled a train to the port earlier in the day.
>
> Roy

Say what, an 80 class in Brsibane ? highly unlikely. If there is an 80 class
up there, it has sure snuck by a lot of people in the know. Although I find
it unlikely. It possibly was an 82 or an 81 class unit. Please provide more
details please, possibly a number, because those numbers are easy to see from
a distance.

The only 80 class I know of in Brisbane is 8002, still located at the back of
Acacia Ridge, awaiting scraping.
Stuart Ellis