Re: Metcard - new message on tickets

"Mike Alexander" <malex@bigfoot.com> writes:

>One of the primary rules of business is to hide your corporate
>structure/problems when it is to the detriment of your customers.

>Why can't we just keep "The Met" as a corporate identity? All brochures,
>maps and timetables should use this as the primary branding, with maybe some
>small text indicating who is running the service. After all, V/Line has been
>doing it for years. All V/Line buses are run by private companies, but are
>still conspicuously branded in the V/Line corporate image.

Your comments make sense especially when there is absolutely no way that
these new companies can compete with one another - they all have monopolies
over their little areas - hence promotion is doing nothing but jacking up the
fares.

The ridiculous announcements - "Thankyou for travelling with Swanston Trams".
Hell, I'd have walked if the distance was short enough, but otherwise I really
had no option but to travel with f***ing "Swanston Trams".

>Why replace information with propaganda?

I suspect it keeps the publicity people in business. Take careful note of
the area in which the Premier previously worked.

>This is really the critical time when people should be making noise to stop
>this before it gets too big to change. Anyone got any ideas?

Run for government?

Inundate all members of parliament with enough letters (every one of which
is also sent to appropriate media organisations) from aus.rail people?

Convince the Democrats that they are the only form of opposition left in
this state (since Labor appears to have given up), and encourage them to
spend enough in the next election to be a viable contender?

Set up underground schools so that future citizens are educated enough
to never let democracy be run into the ground, in the way it has in Victora,
again?

Unfortunately I don't see a change of government in Victora coming for a
while. And, seeing how NSW is being run at the moment, I don't really see
how a change of government would make much difference.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse                                        paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au
"The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens to