Re: Vic Tangaras

MarkBau1 wrote:

> <<<<<<The only place I have ever heard it called a Vic Tangara is in this
> newsgroup, and only in 1998!
>
> Cheers
> David>>>>>>>>
>
> To which I would reply:
> The only place I've heard Melbourne sparks called EMU's is in this newsgroup!
>
> Mark.
>
> Visit my train pic website at:
> http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/

I agree Mark. They have been sparks for as long as there have been electric
trains. A contemporary report published at the time of the night testing prior to
the opening of the Essendon-Brighton Beach electrification refers to them
"sparking" their way into the night. It's a good story and it's probably true.

DEL.