Re: How fast is XPT?

I was of the impression that the major limitation on decreasing the
Brisbane XPTs journey time was the track, and more particularly its
alignment. Therefore the train is unable to reach high speeds often, and
when it does it is soon required to slow down again.

However, if a change is engine would increase the train's max
acceleration, it would be able to recover from such a lower speed at a
faster rate, even though the max speed attainable would remain the same.

DB