Re: Last suburbans on Warragul line

Mike McBain wrote:

> paul@itsnot.its.unimelb.edu.au.nospam (Paul Edwards) writes:
>
> >What's the rationale behind removing the overhead down to Warragul?
>
> Looks nasty, spoils the view, birds sit on it, encourages fare dodgers
> to take a suburban train, encourages conspiracy and leads the young into
> scenes of utter depravity too horrifying to describe.
>
> Seems like a good idea yo me.
>
> --
> __________________________________      mjm@silas.cc.monash.edu.au
>            Mike McBain           _)       +61 3 9905 2336
> Faculty of Business & Economics (_______________________________________
> Monash University - Australia    3168

Nah none of the above. You seem to forget we have the greatest dickhead of a
govt any state could wish to have. Having watched really stuff up their
railways with a stupid model of privatisation, we are about to do the same
and I hope it backfires just like it has in UK. The real model of
privatisation is the New Zealand type where the one enthusiastis owner owns
the lot and is free to develop traffic as they wish. If you don't believe me
go to New Zealand and have a look, the place is jumping. Mind you they have
a pretty shithouse road system but who cares.

Actually we have removed the suburban trains (Hillside) from the country
area (VLP) and will substitute 40+ years old railcars for (they say two
years) I'll belive it when I see it. You know you can't have one companies
trains running in another companies area. Look at the Peninsula.

Never loose sight of the fact that this govt (like the Tories in UK) are
engineering the privatisation for failure why else would they hire the very
man who oversaw the privatisation in the UK - Roger Salmon. Write and ask
the poms what they think of this man. The real competition to rail in this
country is the road and they are just the people all this stupidity is going
to assist.

I hope that I am proved wrong but it took a change of govt in the UK to do
so.

DEL.