Re: QR ICE sets resume working on Gold Coast line

Without Prejudice
Well ladies and gentlemen I have watched this thread for some time, I have
read the comment by so called know it alls, some of the comments good and
others that leave a lot to be desired.

So who am I, My name is David Lassen, Service Planning and Research Officer,
Citytrain. I am part of the team that designs the Citytrain timetables. So I
know how the train runs from Brisbane Central to Robina.
Why because I have worked for rail for some 13 years, In quite a diverse
range of positions. I have worked in infrastructure (Bridge Gangs) 10 yrs
and Operations for the remainder.

I am a little annoyed and so are others in Citytrain about some of the
suggestions made by David Johnson

>Does that mean we can now hang out of a train at 120 km/h en route to
Robina? -- David Johnson

and James

>Both ICE and InterUrban units perform hopelessly between Beenleigh and
Bowen Hill, track condition is louzy and train cruse really really slowly
despite dual gauge seperate these train from suburban trains. QR needs to
upgrade its Beenleigh line for sure.
James

You James don't quite understand the infrastructure on the Beenleigh line,
Next time you travel pay attention to the number of curves, level crossing,
crossovers and turn outs. Then when you pass Beenleigh check out the same
infrastructure you will see the difference. This allows Gold Coast trains to
reach the 140km/h speeds.
That is only a few of the operational requirements, I don't have the time
today to explain the others.

I will on the other hand try to answer questions about Related topics for
rail fans out there.
Regards
David Lassen
Service Planning & Research Officer