Re: SIGNAL DESIGNATIONS

City Circle also BEFORE re-siganlling. Signals are marked with their
distance from central in CHAINS (not MILES and chains), with the numbers
INCREASING as you go anti-clockwise around, (City Inner), whereas the
distance markings on structures etc run the other way! Presumably related to
the fact that the Central-St James section was opened first.