Re: C3550

Albert Alcoceba wrote:

> On Sat, 05 Dec 1998 19:23:36 +1100, Robert Harris
> <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote:
>
> >Yes but those who "need to know" will know as for the rest who cares? Does it really
> >matter wether you get a T or G set and if it did could you change it?????
>
> It does matter - the G's are far more comfortable.  Sometimes you get
> a T-G combination on an 8 car train.  It's good to be easily able to
> identify the G so you can run down the platform to get on that part of
> the train.

And help delay the train further.
If it really matters (I confess, I am like yrself) stand towards the center of the
platform and use the other differences to I.D the cars. Namely the O infront of the car
numbers, the green press button and the different shaped front on the Gs.
As far as the rest of the traveling public they wouldn't know whats what anyway, good
example is the K sets. On a hot day you often see non a/c cars full because of the way
they are marshalled and a/c ones with seats to spare because people won't move down a car
or two. Just be thankful that you don't have to identify a 1,2,3 or 4 series RSL
carriage.

> Is it customary to have the toilets on G sets open or locked when G
> sets are doing suburban (ie. not intercity) rosters?
>
> Albert Alcoceba

In suburban runs, toilets are to be locked off. If the g set is comming from gosford to
the city via Chatwood, the toilets remain open because it is considered an "interurban
run". Sometimes guards don't bother so you could get to use the "dunny".

rgds