Re: Ringwood Signalbox (Vic.)

David Bromage wrote:

> David (david@nmit.vic.edu.au) wrote:
> > David Bromage wrote:
>
> > > Another suitable option would be to relocate the entire box and the frame
> > > inside it for preservation elsewhere.
>
> > Why preserve the body when the soul ( the frame etc ) is the heart ? Relocate
> > the box is a good option. even moving it withing the grounds like ARARAT is.
>
> MRPS did rather well with Frankston box. Puffing Billy might be able to do
> something with Ringwood, either to become a working box or as a static
> exhibit.
>
> Cheers
> David

this would be the ultimate option - preservation.
The lever frame is in very good condition, as the signallers at Ringwood actually
take pride in their job.
never before have I seen a signalbox in such clean condition.

Interlocking information and photos are here:
http://www.eisa.net.au/~tgatt/photography/ringwood.html

--
Thanks, Tony.

"Ever noticed how fast Windows runs ? Neither have I ! "

Visit my Homepage: http://www.eisa.net.au/~tgatt/

** Updated: 0:53 AM 02-12-98 **

It's here: Railpix - Australian Railway Photography.
            http://railpix.freeservers.com