Re: Does NR know about this?

BIG SNIP>>>>>>>

> uite rightly stated, the C's had a form of Q cab way back in 1977. Australian
> enginemen owe a huge debt to Stewart Loddington and his cab commitee for saving
> our ear drums!
>
> BTW, does anybody remember when Stewies cab commitee was abolished? It was
> after J. L. Patterson was elected Div. Secretary. JL deemed Stewie too left
> wing so he abolished the commitee and reformed it with Mann in charge.

Thanks for reminding me, Mark. I must be getting old. I had forgotten that it was
Stewie that started all those reforms.
I always liked the man, but he remained quiet and dignified the last few years,[
was glad I didnt smoke]
I guess the Pattison propaganda worked, All I remembered was that idiot Mann.
Somethings were good, but we always seemed to pay a price for every step forward,
if only having to listen to his godawfull crowing!
Bet nobody remembers the other members of the Cab Comm. during all those
years...The only name we ever heard was the Mann!
                         was running with a NSW Driver in the Brisbane XPT, beyond
Broadmeadow, when rounding a corner, we startled two wedgetails sitting on the
fence. These big lumbering birds tried to fly in front of us, and we got the larger
fair and square! He turned his head and looked straight at me as we collided, His
wing span was larger than the width of the cab, or so it seemed. The driver looked
at me and with tears in his eyes, said and I quote" thats another
creature that payed a terrible price because of that interfearing bastard  Mann!" I
asked how so? and he said look at the Headlight switches! You cant easily hit them
off...That was Manns doing! Everyone knows that animals are blinded by the
lites..switch em off and usuall
y they will get out of the way.....
                                                                  Rod