Re: Countrylink food(?!) and XPTs

PCCSTREETCAR@webtv.net (John Engleman) writes: >       Can anyone tell me why, or explain a decent reason for
> Countrylink's so-called "food" being so absolutely terrible, year after
> year, after so many repeated complaints from almost everyone?

The solution is sometimes to not serve any at all. Last Friday
on NT-2 there was an announcement that "we regret to inform
passengers that there will be no hot evening meals available
from the buffet tonight!!" No reason was given.

There is absolutely no reason why, with a slightly larger
preparation area, an Indian Pacific style meal service
could not be provided. On second thought there are plently
of reasons why not. I just continue to b.y.o.