Re: Wyong stupidity

Craig Haber wrote:

> G'day,
>
> David Johnson wrote:
>
> > petan@ion.com.au wrote:
> >
> > > are they actually asking for a factual answer or are they in need of
> > > emotional reassurance?
> >
> > Picture this:  You are waiting at Auburn station.  You want to go to Parramatta
> > station.  You walk up to the guard, but the person next to you asks "Does this train
> > go to Parramatta?".  The guard says "Yes.".  What would you do?
> > a) Trust that the guard was not lying to the other passenger, and board the train
> > b) Ask "Does this train go to Parramatta?" and annoy the guard, who just answered
> > that question to the person next to you, and the 6 other people standing nearby, who
> > all heard the answer the first time
>
> Passengers like re-assurance.  For example, on Sunday night's I often write on the
> whiteboard and put it at the top of the ramp at Spencer Street.  The sign says
>
> 6:55pm Warrnambool -> (arrow pointing at train)
> Stops Geelong etc etc Warrnambool
>
>  If I'm standing next to the sign, most passengers walk up the ramp, stop and read the
> sign, then turn to me and ask "Is this the Warrnambool train?"
>
> I'm often asked "which end is the front of the train?" or "which way is the train
> going?"
> A good one at Warrnambool is "what platform does the train go from?" (there is only 1!)
>
> One must never loose one's cool (or one's sense of humour!!)

but the point i was trying to make in the original post is, yes there
are always stupid people, they are always going to ask stupid questions
ect and if you DO get the need to get stuff off your chest to other
staff or something, CLOSE THE FUCKING DOOR!

also in a totally unrelated story, waiting on the 6:37 am citybound
train at wyong as it was early we had a few minuites to wait, over the
trains PA comes the usual dribble about stops ect and when he had
finished i heard him say "now that crap is finished.." and the entire
train heard one side of a conversation between the guard and the driver
(i assume it was the driver 'cos when he finished he said "ok it's 37
lets go") can anyone find out for me who this guard was, i think it was
wednesday or thursday...

--
I Michael Van Baast       I